Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

The definition of cute as per dictionary.com is "attractive, esp. in a dainty way; pleasingly pretty: a cute child; a cute little apartment". But some of my friends defined cute as "attractive but ugly"... and this definition sure applies to this animal.

Was checking out the Sun2Surf Pix Gallery 2007 when I stumbled on this very interesting photograph.



Mole (Dec 18, 2007): The Axolotl ('Ambystoma mexicanum') is the best-known of the Mexican neotenic mole salamanders belonging to the Tiger Salamander complex, at the Friedrich-Schiller-Univerity of Jena, Germany, today. Larvae of this species fail to undergo metamorphosis, so the adults remain aquatic and gilled, which is the reason the scientists breed them. So they can examin the development of cells from the early embryo phase. The Axolotl also have the ability to let lost extremities grow again. - EPA

When I saw it...I said "awwwww....so cute". Would it make a nice little friend for Keenu and Stripey (my little sugies)? So, I went to google for more information on this little fella.



Then I saw its side profile. They don't call him a walking fish for nothing...eeeekkk.. I've changed my mind. I don't think I want him as a pet.


To read more about these walking fish, click here and here.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

3 comments:

kljs said...

I also think they are cute too!!

http://kennyljs.com/

Unknown said...

haahaa..so did i until i saw the side profile.. then it felt a little yucky :p

kljs said...

Side profile oklar....