Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Tree Man

I was flipping through the papers today and chanced upon the article which read "Tree Man". The only Tree Man I know is Treebeard, from Lord of the Rings. The article in the local daily was rather brief and as this was definitely something categorized under unusual and unconventional, my interest was tickled.

Searching through the internet, I found that the original article probably came from The Telegraph UK. The Tree Man is actually a fisherman from Indonesia who has tree-like growths covering his body and what caught my attention was really his hands and his feet. These have turned into gnarled twisted tree trunks. His predicament started after an accident when he was in his teens.

The photos below are taken from the Telegraph.Co.Uk (Britain's No.1 quality newspaper website)







A dermatologist Dr Anthony Gaspari from the US, who is looking into this case, concluded that this affliction was due to a virus causes warts. But in Dede's case, due to his defective immune system, his body was not able to fight of this wart causing virus.


For a more detail report on this story, click here.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

4 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

Interesting news! Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

hi hi..hor ny ang moh. thank you for dropping in again :). You have a nice day too yeah

Anonymous said...

This is interesting. If I can choose I rather become Iron Man instead. Cause I can stop bullet easily.

Unknown said...

Iron man.. mmm..cool..but keep away from them magnets now :)