Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday is Nasi Lemak Day... (but so is every other day :p )

Geez...it is Friday again..what a wonderful feeling it is. Especially when I know that it is almost a definite that I will be swinging by to one of those more famous nasi lemak stalls in KL.

I normally go by Jalan Alor area on the way to work and will stop by at the corner stall for my regular nasi lemak with rendang daging and kerang. And this will come with 1/2 a slice of egg, ikan bilis (anchovies) and kacang (peanuts). All this for only RM3.50...yummilious. Do pop in to Babe's post on this, complete with a photo of my fav order.

Today, I decided to take to swing by Jalan Dang Wangi to find the Sajian Dang Wangi shop.



There is a nasi lemak stall which is rather yummy. I had their sotong and kerang some time ago (RM3:50). Today, I just wanted to order my fav of redang daging and kerang just to compare the taste and the price.

As expected, the taste was very nice and basically it due to the long grain variety type of rice which they use. They also used to have kangkong (I was told that these veg are called Morning Glory) but they must have gotten pricey as the stall has stop giving them out as part of the base package.




The price of RM4.80 was rather steep though for the packet of daging rendang, kerang, 1/4 slice of an egg, cucumber, ikan bilis and kacang. Oh well, just have to make that a once in a few Friday's kinda treat then. Back to the one at the corner of Jalan Alor the next few Fridays ahead. Or maybe if I am early, I will try to find the one at Tang Ling, near the national mosque heehee...

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

9 comments:

Fishman said...

So so sinful!!!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha.. but so so yummy :)

twosuperheroes said...

yeah.. love nasi lemak.. :D

Unknown said...

yaaayy.. another member (two??) to my nasi lemak gang :)

Babe_KL said...

pssstt there is another called RA which is around that corner. next time can tp for me arh?? aiyoh do it before start diet can or not hehehe

Anonymous said...

My favourite is Pak Ali Nasi Lemak in Jalan Imbi..Juz Behind KIOSK convience store and opposite Bintang Palace niteclub..opens at 9pm till habis.. a bit late but no regrets...Words cannot describe the fluffy Rice and sambal chicken!!!

Unknown said...

babe : the RA is around which corner leh? Jln Alor ke or Jalan Dang Wangi? you like what i like or not? the rendang daging and kerang?

anonymous : thanks for the info.. i will definitely be trying it one nite when i am in KL city. Too bad they dun open in the morning coz I do love my packet of nasi lemak every Friday mornings... diet or no diet heehee :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That nasi lemak looks mighty yummy though it also does look pretty spicy. I can't really take too spicy food.

Unknown said...

hi nick. make sure you tell the kakak to hold the sambal tumis... then it will be less spicy :)