Thursday, December 11, 2008

Conversations with God

This is not a post on anything religious per se. "Conversations with God" is the title of the book which was recommended by Jerome, one my mentors last night. He said that after reading this book, his view on life took on a new perspective. I don't think he meant that he converted overnight haha. Apparently, this book gave him a lot of answers to the questions he has been asking all his life. Me, I am a practising Buddhist, but that has not stopped me from reading the bible 2 times over (even thought the 1st time was read almost like a story type of reading) and I think a friend has a Quran which is written in English, which I will borrow to read one of these days.

Anyway, getting back to this "Conversations with God" book, I managed to get my hands on the eBook. If anyone of you want a copy, just leave me your email at the comments or just mail me. You many be able to get this book from one of the local bookstores or at Amazon. The ISBN Code is 0340825901. I have not managed to get too far into the ebook yet but from what I have managed to read last night I find most interesting and relevant. The first question asked of God was this....

How does God talk and to who? God answers " I talk to everyone. All the time. The question is not to whom I do talk, but who listens". God communicates through feelings as feeling is the language of the soul. If you want to know what's true for you about something, look at how you're feeling about it. Feelings are sometimes difficult to discover - often even more difficult to acknowledge. Yet hidden in your deepest feelings is your highest truth. The trick is to get to those feelings. God also communicates with thought. In communicating with thought, God often uses images and pictures, which are more effective than mere words as tools of communication. God also uses the vehicle of experience as a grand communicator. Only when feelings, thoughts and experience all fail will God use words, which is the least effective communicator. Words are open to misinterpretation, most often misunderstood.

The questions get more and more interesting. It addresses questions we have asked and is still asking about life and love, purpose and function, people and relationships, good and evil, guilt and sin, forgiveness and redemption, the path to God and the road to Hell.. everything. It directly discusses sex, power, money, children, marriage, divorce, life work, health, the hereafter, the beforenow..everything.

Apparently there is also a movie on DVD too. It is available here for purchase at US$20.


There was something else I learned from Jerome last night. Before we parted ways, he said "Remember this. Spirituality Unites.....Religion Divides!".

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: