Thursday, June 14, 2012

What Do People Really Want?



I have thought about this a lot? What do I really want in life? Many  including myself would say "Money, lots and lots of money!". But, money is only a means to an end. It probably will not do anything by itself, unless one uses money as pillow stuffings. Even then, it will have to be the crinkly paper money and not the hard metal coins. Unless I spend money to buy something meaningful, money by itself does not really do much. So, that brings me back to square one. What do I really want in life?

I reckon some of the things that I could start with is having unlimited income potential, i.e. financial freedom. I would also want to have happy and successful relationships, good health. That prompted me to go searching the Internet to find what other people in the world are looking for. And I have found that basically what people want can be categorized under material things, self-fulfilment, emotional and spiritual gratification, career, lifestyle, health, amongst other things.

Picture courtesy of http://heathercalma.com/
Whilst reading through some of the articles, I became aware that what we want is very different from what is realistically achievable. Obviously, one has to be realistic when deciding what one can achieve or get. I would like to make a trip to moon but would I have the means or the opportunity. So, after selecting what is realistically achievable, then what is important is deciding that it is really what you want, then plan for it and go for it. Hence, it is all about goal setting and keep focus. I have now to go back to the drawing board and relook into what I really want in life.....

No comments: