Monday, March 9, 2009

Just For a Laugh - Know Your Customer

A disappointed salesman of a Coke company returned from his Middle East assignment.

A friend asked, "Why weren't you successful with the Arabs?"

The salesman explained "When I got posted to the Middle East, I was very confident that I would make a good sales pitch as cola is virtually an unknown drink there. But the problem is, I don't speak Arabic. So, I planned to convey the message through 3 posters..."


"1st poster - A man lying on the hot desert, totally exhausted
2nd poster - The man drinking our Cola
3rd poster - Our man now totally rejuvenated.

And I had the posted pasted all over the place".

The friend said, "That should have worked very well".

The salesman said "I didn't realize that Arabs read from right to left" :(

Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: